- This event has passed.
Conduct and Culture
October 30, 2019 @ 7:45 am - 11:00 amFree
Culture and conduct are increasingly in the spotlight – and typically for all the wrong reasons.
Join RIMS NZ&PI for our Culture and Conduct Risk Roundtable, and hear what you should be aware of, and what you can be doing, to enhance culture, conduct, and customer outcomes.
When: 30 October, 2019
Where: KPMG, 18 Viaduct Harbour Avenue, Auckland 1010
- Setting the scene - organisational culture at the heart of employee conduct. Linking culture, conduct and the customer experience, and its ultimate impact on organisational resilience and reputation. Recurring themes arising in global enquiries into conduct (Teressa Betty, President RIMS NZ&PI)
- Culture and conduct “issues” not unique to financial services – an alternative viewpoint and learnings. Russell McVeagh case study (Emmeline Rushbrook and Dan Jones, Partners Russell McVeagh )
- Applying an ethical lens distills the difference between ethics and compliance and drives the contention that embedding an ethical culture can better mitigate conduct risk. This session will draw on IBE's NZ and Australian Ethics at Work research as well as IBE's Business Ethics Framework (Jane Arnott, Director, Institute of Business Ethics)
- Good customer outcomes - What should we be measuring to enable effective oversight and proactive management? (David Clay, Partner KPMG)
- How culture and conduct issues might manifest in the boardroom – the evolving discussion and broadening of claims. Ensuring your D&O insurance is adequate (Steve Walsh, Chief Client Officer, Marsh)