Speeding through 2022….
We are please to announce a number of education sessions for the next quarter. Please find the details contained in this newsletter. There are a number of other exciting events planned and more news from the chapter, details to follow shortly.
EVENTS & EDUCATION SESSIONS
ETHICS AND CONDUCT
A lunchtime session with Jane Arnott
Organisational conditions that give rise to moral injury violate our sense of justice, which according to some social science theories is hardwired into our brains. This means that perceptions of justice (or injustice) in the workplace have profound effects on employees. When people feel subjected to unfair or undignified conditions, they’re four times more likely to act with self-interest and dishonesty.
Join us for a lunch-time session with Jane Arnott, Director: The Ethics Conversation
The session will cover:
- The benefits of embedding an ethical culture and why this is relevant to risk
- Demonstrating ethical leadership
- Enabling a speak up culture
Date 7 April 2022
Join Tony Arnold to understand the latest
Join us for this lunch time session where Tony will cover:
- Key cyber security concepts
- Deep dive into both local and global security incidents
- Provide some key areas to focus on for your own organisation
- Discuss where cyber risk may be heading in the future.
There will be ample time for questions, so please come prepared to ask anything you would like in relation to cyber, as we know from previous sessions with Tony this adds a lot of value for everyone attending.
Tony has fourteen years of experience from the financial sector, where he held a range of roles specialising in risk management / operational execution, including four years as the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO). Prior to his time in the financial sector Tony held a number of consultancy roles where he delivered risk management outcomes in the following disciplines; operational risk, compliance risk, information security, technology risk and business continuity. Tony is passionate about working with clients to ensure their approaches to manage the risk and investment in cyber security, are aligned with their business risk appetite and objectives.
Date 12 April 2022
RISING RISK PROFESSIONALS TRAINING
In collaboration with KPMG
Are you a rising risk professional aged up to 35 years old and with seven or less years of experience?
If so, we invite you to join an immersive eight-part training series designed with you in mind. Limited to 25 attendees (restricted to 2 per organisation), this series is sure to get you thinking, as well as providing a fantastic opportunity to create a new network of risk peers across industries.
The format of each monthly training session will be:
- A discussion on an aspect of risk, facilitated by our host, Bernie McKendrey
- KPMG tips and tricks on how this might be managed
- A case study facilitated by an industry risk professional
The series comprises of the following components:
- Building the ERM Roadmap – Development of effective Risk Management Frameworks and Tools
- Creating a Hunger for Risk Management in the business – Risk Appetite and building an effective risk culture
- Who’s in Control? Risk Assurance Mapping & assessment of effective controls
- Delivering Risk Insights – Development of dynamic risk reporting
- Dealing with the hard stuff – Quantifying the financial impacts of complex risks
- Building business resilience – Effective Business Continuity Planning
- Getting into the Detail – Project Management Risks
- Embedding ERM into business decisions
Bernie McKendrey has a wide-ranging level of experience and expertise in Internal Audit, Risk Management and Governance encompassing all facets of management, to Board level. She has been instrumental in the establishment and running of corporate functional areas, including Internal Audit, Risk Management, Regulatory Relations and Compliance, in Australasia and the UK.
Date Monthly sessions starting late Quarter 2 – date to be confirmed
PROFESSIONAL AND PERSONAL SUCCESS
RIMS NZ & PI is proud to bring you a series of three virtual workshops to position you for professional and personal success. The workshops provide an opportunity for self-reflection and personal change. Find the details of the final instalment of the series:
RESULTS – Understand your professional and personal ‘landscape’
- Understand the science of networking – what works and what doesn’t.
- The world of work today – navigating disruption and uncertainty.
- The Great Resignation Pandemic – what is it? Why is it happening and what to do about it.
Kathryn Sandford leads the Personal Brand and Coaching side of M2M. I am a personal brand champion because I believe a personal brand is the winning formula for your future success. I’m an out-of-the-box thinker, a strategist and an innovative solution seeker. I love coming up with creative solutions that challenge traditional thinking and deliver results!
Date 16 March 2022
Special thanks as always to our sponsors